I have been excited about this blog post for awhile, and I'm pleased to report we have perfected the recipe for a simple, DIY non-toxic bathtub cleaner.
I've learned loved the calming act of cleaning the tub before getting in, but even some natural cleaners worried me... Am I getting it all down the drain before filling the tub? Am I soaking in chemical residue?! 😩
You all know by now that I'm a sucker for rituals, and taking a bath is no different. Before lighting candles, lowering the lights and setting music, it's super important to clean your tub. Not only is it gross to sit in soap scum, but that scum will also only get worse & can be dyed whatever color your bath is if you don't clean it before, leaving a nice ring around the top.
Fear not, I've come up with an easy recipe that only requires 2 all natural ingredients, works great and smells super good too!
- Peel of 2-3 organic oranges. (Why organic? Because all others are sprayed with pesticides or chemical colors added to enhance their color.)
- ~ 2 cups of white vinegar
- Mason jar or other glass jar with wide mouth
- Place orange peels in jar and cover completely with white vinegar
- Cover and put in a dark cabinet for 2-3 weeks
- Shake it every few days or when you remember
- Pour into spray bottle (up-cycled or glass is best!)
- If you notice that your mix starts to smell more like vinegar after some time, add a few drops of tea tree or citrus essential oil
How to use
- Spray into your tub
- Wait 30 seconds for it to soak in
- Wipe the tub with a reusable sponge or rag instead of paper towels
- We think it's best to clear the energy of the entire bathroom as well using palo santo
Holiday twist: I have heard cinnamon sticks are a great little addition to the recipe but I cannot personally confirm or deny.
Let me know if you try it and how it goes for you! And don't forget to pin and share this post if you found it helpful.